After I rewatched last night’s painful episode to write the recap, I noticed few small details hinting that the baby it’s Chuck’s. Let’s see them together, there may be more in the previous episodes, but they weren’t as imo clear.
1) After Blair and Louis tell the baby news to their families, Sophie comments that “The last thing this family needs is another bastard”. Well, what was she referring to, the baby? That’s not an adjective I’d use to describe a person, only if I’m going to describe a mean man. I think this line was sarcastic and had to be read in Bass-tard, not bastard.
2) Chuck sits on the couch of the therapist to talk about his issues… or not? He seems more convinced he has to try new things, sex on a study couch included. He says “I’ve had sex in every conceivable surface, but never a therapist’s couch”. Yes I know the word conceivable means many things, but mainly is used to refer to conceiving ideas or conceiving people. Could relate to Blair’s line in 5.02 “No matter what, this baby was conceived out of love”.
3) Chuck guessing Nate knows all the rules to bed a M.I.L.F., aka a “mother I’d like (to) fuck”. Who is a mother or about to become one on the show? We know for sure Chuck would gladly have sex with his mommy-to-be Blair.
4) Smaller but good hint: the therapist and the whole analysis on Chuck. Saying he didn’t have a happy childhood, she connected to Chuck being a child who is living like a child and doing a bit of verygrown-up man actions versus very childish actions. Schemes are a part of that. And the word child/childhood being repeated over and over to Chuck.
5) Louis has found the test! Not sure he read it, but for sure he’s asking himself questions. I think he did read it, though. I know that find a paternity test your fianceé has left in the drawer of the desk isn’t normal, because you think she’s got pregnant of you, but we know here is really really (I’m sure of it) likely that Louis is NOT the father. Hence he is suspecious, and calls the therapist. I don’t think he would try to sabotage Chuck’s rediming path, because he is now 75% sure that Blair betrayed him. He can’t know when Blair slept with Chuck, they could have done it before he came to NYC. He also got mad at Dan’s book, this makes me think he can’t bear what happened with Blair and the other guys. I definitely think Louis wants to sabotage Chuck so he can’t claim his rights on the baby in the future. I mean, if the baby was his (Louis’s) why would he care to mess up Chuck’s therapy? He’s surely doing it as a payback. “Youh himpregnated my fianceèh, Schuck! I’m gunna messh with yo hed!”
For more speculations, check the blog tomorrow. If you’d like me to discuss certain things, @ me on the twitter.